Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ukraine, You Crazy

So I'm going to Ukraine this summer. I'm not sure how it happened. I'm not sure where the money will come from. But I know it's supposed to happen.

I finished reading the book Crazy Love. (I'll be starting a book study over it soon.) The last chapter is about taking the info you learned and applying it to your life. So I had this convo with God.

Me: Ok God, what do you want me to do with this stuff?
God: You already know.
Me: Umm, I do??
God: You remember doing the Chazown study (your life vision)?
Me: Yeah, but I dunno. That was like 4 years ago. Is it even still relevant? I mean, helping kids in orphanages seems like a far-off idea.
God: (silence)

The next day I go to the Union (Worship night at Lifechurch). There's was a guy Paul who works with international missions. And he just happened to be in town this week. Paul was there to talk about a mission they are taking in the summer to Ukraine. During the trip they spend time with orphaned kids, loving on them and teaching them about Christ. So I have another convo with God while Paul was speaking.

Me: God, is this what you want me to do?
God: What do you think?
Me: The trip is on July 21st, isn't it?
Paul: ...So we're leaving on July 21st and coming back on August 4.
Me: Ok God. I hear ya.

(Note: My grandma's birthday is on the 21st. I was already planning on taking a trip in remembrance of her. It's the first birthday she'll be celebrating in Heaven.)

I like that God can be blunt sometimes. I don't always have to guess or pray for God's direction. It's right there in my face. The hard part is in the obedience.

Me: If you want me to go, then you'll take care of the money issue, right?
God: Have I ever let failed you when I've led you to do something?
Me: Good point.

0 comments: