Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Free Hugs!

Free hugs to any veterans or anyone serving in the military! Whenever I see a veteran (especially Korean War vets), I just want to give them a hug. I can't adequately express how much their service means to me. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for their sacrifices.

Everyday I wake up, I thank God that I'm alive. That I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back. That I get to live in a free country. Sometimes I don't understand why God chose me. How did he pick me out of hundreds of babies? Many were raised in an orphanage. Still others were aborted or killed because of their gender or because their birth parents couldn't take care of them. Meanwhile I was blessed enough to be adopted into a loving home.

I am forever indebted to those who fought for freedom. To those who fight for our freedom today. And to the God who chose me. I will always work to honor them with my life.

0 comments: