Thursday, July 9, 2009

Challenging Faith

Last night, Switch was incredible. After our group dismissed, I didn't know if it was good or bad. It was unresolved...

Our topic was about the Bible. Most of my girls aren't very familiar with it. Some of them don't even own one. We discussed how to know it's true, what if you don't get anything from reading it (comprehension probs), and how it relates to everyday life.

My girls asked me some questions that I wasn't quite sure how to answer. I know what I believe in, but at times I found it difficult to explain to them. They continued to question, so I answered some of their questions based on my opinions. For the other questions, I told them we would discuss them next week, (keep 'em in suspense, right?) or in some cases they just had to have faith.

It doesn't feel great when you have to defend yourself, your views, and your God. But in doing so, it strengthened me. It reaffirmed some of my beliefs, but also made me want to search for more solid answers to some of their questions. We'll see what happens next week.

0 comments: