Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why Don't You Answer Me, God?

I've often questioned God when it comes to prayers. Sometimes I pray hard for something, something that is definitely in line with His will. But it never happens. Other times I've prayed, and it took years before it was answered. And on occasion I've prayed, and results were immediate.

Over the past few months I've seen that God has delayed some prayers because I wasn't ready to handle them. I'm better equipped to deal with certain situations now more than ever because of life experiences and spiritual growth. In other words, it's hard to lead people TO a place you've never been. And it's hard to lead people OUT of a place you've never been.

I know God can answer my prayers in a flash, but sometimes He says no or makes me wait. I call it growing pains. He's making me mature and complete, not lacking anything. Now I don't worry (as much) if I don't get immediate results because I trust that He is on the throne. He is God and I am not.

1 comments:

Scott Williams said...

Well Said! I digg the way you write...