Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poker Night

So, last Tuesday my guy friend calls me up and tells me that they need a few people for poker night. This is, traditionally, a men's only group, but they were going to make an exception for the evening since they were desperate for players. I warned them in advance of my skillz (yeah, I spelled it with a z cuz I'm gangsta like that). They just laughed and told me to bring my money.

I hadn't really played with chips before, but watching WPT and ESPN really paid off. No one raised before the flop, so I could play hands that normally would've been trashed. I had a 4 of clubs and 7 of hearts when I got a straight flush. That's right, a straight stinkin' flush. I almost crapped my pants right there. Everyone else thought they had a good hand, so they started betting. It was awesome. When I revealed my hand, jaws dropped. It was priceless. After 5 hours of playing, I finally took home the money. I doubt I'll ever be invited back, but at least I have the memories...and the cash. Sorry boys!

0 comments: