Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blessings

On Friday night, I went to the movies with my friend D. She bought the tickets early, so I told her I would pay her back. Then I forgot... Fast forward to Sunday, I saw D at church. Stealthily, I crept up behind her and dropped the money right inside her shirt collar. Then I raced out of the auditorium. I slowed to a stop to catch my breath. In about a millisecond, D rounded the corner (dang, she's fast!) and I took off again. Like a pair of 2nd graders, she chased me back into the auditorium. I tried to dodge her by going through one of the aisles. I could already picture the brilliant stiff-arm and zig-zag pattern I was about to perfect. However, my feet could not keep up. I wiped out and did a baseball slide into one of the chairs. Ouch. Then, to top it off (literally), D jumped on top of me. Ouch again. I don't remember any verse in the Bible saying that your blessings will hunt you down and tackle you. Maybe she has a different translation though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think it's the message version. :-)

Nice Blog Title! I read this stuff...