Thursday, December 31, 2009

Like a Fine Wine

I'm not gonna lie. I'm sooo ready for 2010. As I was cleaning out my room today, I found a ticket stub from 2006. Aww 2006, like a vintage wine, was a great year. I was learning so much about God, meeting new friends, and experiencing wonderful miracles. It is a time I will never forget.

Over the past years, it's not that I've lost those things. I'm just not a pup anymore. You know how puppies discover things for the first time, like their tails and clothes from the hamper. I'm growing up. I'm learning with each new experience. 2009 was a season of trial. I knew I would survive it, but I wasn't quite sure what state of mind I would be in.

Yet I can see how God had his hand in the midst of it all. I can tell you that if those trials had happened in 2006, I would not have reacted the same way. Luckily, my faith is growing deeper so I can better withstand the blows that life brings.

I remember being "young" and wishing I was like _fill_in_the_blank_ who was such a strong Christian influence. What I didn't understand was that it was her experiences and responses that made her the strong woman she is today. Similarily, when God called Elijah, he didn't give him a pulpit and radio show right off. First, Elijah had to learn to rely on God...for everything. When he proved himself faithful, then God could perform miracles through him.

I've been through a lot. I'll probably go through much more. But I know that I can always rely on God. He has proven himself faithful. I only hope that I can prove myself faithful to Him. 2010 is going to be a great year. As long as God is on his throne, I have nothing to fear. (Oops, didn't mean to rhyme there!)

0 comments: