Monday, October 19, 2009

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
~Jer. 17:7-8

If I were a tree, what would I look like? Laid back, carefree, just swaying in the wind? Or would I be clinging, struggling, wondering if the storm will ever stop?


As I grow closer to God, my roots grow deeper. I am less worried about trivial matters. I am more productive. But I'm not at this point yet.



The survivor tree which stands at the OKC bombing memorial is a symbol of strength and resilience. The inscription around the tree reads, "The spirit of this city and of this nation will not be defeated; our deeply rooted faith sustains us." That's what I strive to become. I want to be so rooted in Christ that nothing can shake me. I want to give shade to those who need rest from the burning sun. And I want to fully trust that, no matter what happens, my Provider will always come through.

0 comments: