Monday, July 27, 2009

This is a Test of the Holy Spirit System...

As I reflect on my life, I have come a long way in my journey with Christ. I started out as a depressed, obese, hateful girl. Then I transformed into a pharisee-like, bible-quoting, uppity Christian. Now I would say I'm a flawed, but striving Christ-follower. And it looks like I still have a looong way to go.

Along memory lane, I can see God's hand in many situations. I can see how He's shaped and molded me. Sometimes he had to press down a little harder because I was resistant. But he molded me nonetheless. My experiences, successes, and failures make me the woman I am today. I am nicer, thinner, funnier, and wiser than I used to be. But I still have a looong way to go.


The school of the Holy Spirit: You never flunk out. You just keep taking the test until you pass.

~Joyce Meyer


I have flunked many tests. But God is gracious and merciful. He's a much nicer teacher than me. We get retakes. And re-retakes. For example, when God is teaching me patience, and I don't learn the lesson, you can bet I won't get the fastest line at Walmart. Or if He's teaching on humility and I flunk that, I won't be beating my brother on the XBox anytime soon. And the list goes on and on.

What is it that is frustrating you? Which test are you struggling in? And what is God trying to teach you through that experience? Study up on it so you can pass the test. Otherwise, He'll see you in class next week.

0 comments: