Saturday, August 9, 2008

No Child Left Untested

You know the test that us public ed teachers spend January-April preparing the kids for? The test for No Child Left Behind? The reason for my sleeplessness and cranky bouts? We finally got the results back.

Week after week, we practiced, reviewed, practiced more, and reviewed more. I prayed over my students, especially those who were having difficulty. Sometimes I even laid hands on their precious little heads. "Miss Ford, what are you doing?" some would ask. Shh, I'm praying for you to have supernatural wisdom, I would think to myself.

Well the praying paid off! All of my kiddos scored satisfactory on the test. Did I say ALL of them? Yes, even the ones who didn't seem to be paying a bit of attention. And who says you can't pray in school?

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Love it!!

You know us homeschool teachers do the same thing....but very loudly sometimes! :)

Anonymous said...

I had no doubts your kiddos would do great! I mean, with the best teacher in the world how could you expect them to do any differently.