Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Free Dinner

Whenever I see the word free, I tend to look closely. Now that I have your attention...
My friends and I went to eat at Chili's. When we got ready to pay, the waiter took forever getting us our check. I was growing impatient when he finally strolled up to the table. "Someone already took care of your ticket," he grinned. I stared at him to see if he was joking. He was completely serious. I scanned the room searching for the person who had just purchased my Diet Coke and burger. No one looked familiar. My friends didn't recognize anyone either.

Just a random act of kindness? Someone from church? Someone who knew one of us? The suspense is still killing me. So if you happen to be reading this, Mystery Buyer, thank you. I hope God blesses you as you bless others.

And to anyone else who would like to buy my dinner, I'll be more than happy to pray for blessings in your life as well. Aww, heck, I'll pray for you even if you don't buy my dinner.

0 comments: